Watsons Scoobies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Europe Banger Rally 2013

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Europe Banger Rally 2013 Empty Europe Banger Rally 2013 Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

As its been a while since we done anything as a family fundraising event and none of the other owner forums are doing much apart from having forum rants, i have an idea....
want your views, response's concerns etc about giving one of these banger rally events a go as a family to raise money for a worthy cause, i am aware of the plight that has seen the demise of colin mcrae vision charity, which we worked hard for but there is others, RB, Micheal Park, or something assosiated with Mcrae, cancer research, macmilliam etc...
There are plenty of these rally events to choose from online and via facebook they all take in fab views and stunning driving roads across europe over 3 to 10 days.
Formats are all simular, buy a car for 300 quid make it legal funny, stand outish, etc register with a rally event (entry fees are from 150 to 500 per team depending, which is 1 car and two persons, additional 30 - 75 for extra persons)and drive in a convoy across many borders.
What i was thinking is going for one of theses events around september time, each buy a scoob wagon for around 300 i could spray them all orange with black wheels etc, spare wheels bolted to roof safari style, stickers and stuff and via sponserhip, funding and the like, have a go, i am aware of fuel costs and expenses but maybe some sponsership could help towards it, maybe even subaru uk... who knows.
on retun home from the event, all the cars can be sold as a job lot and that money chucked in the pot.
Google Banger Rally, or rally europe, check out some of the site's and get an idea what im on about first.
Let me know your thoughts............

2Europe Banger Rally 2013 Empty Re: Europe Banger Rally 2013 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:12 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

Rolling Eyes just another thought...
what about a road trip with our own cars, same principles, either as a 7 day trip round europe following the same routes or a nonstop charity event, we could take 5/6 cars, average 800/1000 miles a day (24hrs) potential to cover 16 countries in 3 days, England-France-Belgium-Luxembourg-Switzerland-Liechenstien-Italy-Slovenia-Croatia-Hungary-Slovakia-Austria-Czech Republic-Poland-Germany-Holland.
a total of about 2500 miles. Shocked
Fuel cost will be around 500 quid per car plus tolls and ferries.... cheers

3Europe Banger Rally 2013 Empty Re: Europe Banger Rally 2013 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm

DAVE

DAVE

Sounds fun dave I is something I would like to do

4Europe Banger Rally 2013 Empty Re: Europe Banger Rally 2013 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 am

tubs

tubs

Sounds like a good idea but as we in my house don't have any postports it would cost me lots of pennies on top. Shocked What about doing a road trip around England, Wales and Scotland. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum