Watsons Scoobies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Famous Cars quiz

+3
Dufus
tubs
scuzz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Famous Cars quiz Empty Famous Cars quiz Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

A nice easy one for you lot.

1. What was its nickname given to the 1969 Dodge Charger in "Dukes of Hazard"?

2. What type of car was "KITT" from the "Knightrider" series?

3. What was the racing number of "Herbie" in the "Love Bug" series?

4. What model Aston Martin was originally used by James Bond?

5. What type of car did Simon Templar drive in "The Saint"?

6. Which 1984 movie stars Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and a 1959 Cadillac Miller Meteor Ambulance?

7. "Gone in 60 Seconds" features what car with the nickname of "Eleanor"?

8. What sexy hot rod does Danny Zuko drive in the movie "Grease"?

9. In what 1979 movie does Mel Gibson drive a heavily modified 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT?

10. What car is used as a time machine in "Back to the Future"?

Ok this should be wasy peasy for you lot, i expect a lot of answers Rolling Eyes

2Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

tubs

tubs

Thanks to the help Wrex and Pumpkin, Here are our answers:

1. The General Lee
2. Pontaic Trans-am
3. Number 53
4. DB5
5. 1962 Volvo P1800
6. Ghost buster
7. 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500
8. 1948 Ford Deluxe
9. Mad Max
10. DeLorean

Think you will find them all correct.................... Laughing Laughing Laughing

3Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 am

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

Thats why they were easy.

4Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Dufus

Dufus

A Fiat Grande Punto
A Hot Dog Van
V8 Vantage
A 1999 Ford Galaxy
Vampire Killer
A Nissan Navaro
One With 4 Wheels
Back To The Future
Peugeot 205

5Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

squidge

squidge

1. spongebob
2. fiat seicento sporting in yellow
3. 590463 808
4. aston martin powered fiat seicnto
5. a sinfull seicento
6.the construction of a fiat seicentos rear beam in hd. (directed by james may)
7. spongebob eleanor pants
8. subaru powered fiat seicento
9. the night of the bobs
10. well duh, spongebob of course

6Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm

DAVE

DAVE

1 dave
2 pink mx5
3 123456789
4 abc 1234
5 mult blue fezza
6 runaway runaway
7 mini
8 rust
9 baby jesus
10 lotus

7Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:54 pm

squidge

squidge

ha ha found em all
[img]Famous Cars quiz Quiz10[/img]

8Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:48 am

tubs

tubs

And!!!!!!!!!!!

9Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

squidge

squidge

well, wot d i win

10Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Dufus

Dufus

Nothing cos your all gay and smell like cheese

11Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 am

squidge

squidge

only on thursdays

12Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 pm

DAVE

DAVE

When we getting a new quiz

13Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sun May 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Dufus

Dufus

when someone decides to produce one Smile

14Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sun May 01, 2011 3:32 pm

tubs

tubs

Think you should do one dufus. Smile

15Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Fri May 13, 2011 4:37 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

1. What was its nickname given to the 1969 Dodge Charger in "Dukes of Hazard"?

A= it was not called the general Lee as you all think, as he was not a general, the car was actually a private and as it was built from bits and bobs it was known as Private Parts. but the producers of the show couldn't use that name due to copyrite.

2. What type of car was "KITT" from the "Knightrider" series?

A= This iconic car was made from an original 1975 Hillman imp with a 22b Bodykit and some filler with two dwarfs welded to the bulkhead to give the voice of Kit, and it was not a series it was a tv program, my mum said

3. What was the racing number of "Herbie" in the "Love Bug" series?

A= Herbie was a wolksvagon weetle, and the chassis number was HBE53053053AND53P
the producers of the show wanted 35 but drivethrugraphics who did the door nubers put them on the wrong way round...Duh. muppets...lol

4. What model Aston Martin was originally used by James Bond?

A= was it a Model T ?, could have been with DB stuck on the side to signify the noise range it made so when it went to castle combe the funny man wouldnt have to do a DB test as was already 5

5. What type of car did Simon Templar drive in "The Saint"?

A= he didnt drive in the saint he flew with his angelic wings, i think he was really James Bond but in cogneeto doing an undercover bit to flush out the deadly Doctor No by pretending he was a saint, and his volvo had side impact protection system and twin airbags coz all volvo's have safety eqiupment but like a true james bond type blokee he went on ebay and got himself a propper car like that jag he had, did you know when he bought that xjs the geezer didnt even leave him any feedback, thats bloody tight if you ask me, no wonder he took out his anger on them baddies in the show, whats the world coming too

6. Which 1984 movie stars Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and a 1959 Cadillac Miller Meteor Ambulance?

A= Marty is Gay.

7. "Gone in 60 Seconds" features what car with the nickname of "Eleanor"?

A= now i know this one, Eleanor was an auntie of mine from me war days, cor blimey that takes me back she had a nice walnut chest of drawers in her best room, did you know that, all of her best china was in there, one day we went in auntie E's (thats wot we called her) for a lard butty and some milk drippins and she asked me to get the blue dish from the cupboard, well i was scared i can tell ya as nobody, well not just any tom, dick or harry was allowed in her bestest room, but that day i was growed up enough to get the blue dish, that was a special time i can tell ya....now where was i ???, oh yea southend, we was on the beach making sand castles.... was we ? ...nope sorry we was in australia then silly me !
well we was gone in a minute that i do know.

8. What sexy hot rod does Danny Zuko drive in the movie "Grease"?

A= Olivia newton-john...mmmm

9. In what 1979 movie does Mel Gibson drive a heavily modified 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT?

A= Flashdance, or was it debbie duz dallas...i know........ marty is gay

10. What car is used as a time machine in "Back to the Future"?

Well i can remember this film, Marty McFly is a teenager living with a bleak, unambitious family in Hill Valley, California. His father, George McFly, is constantly bullied by his supervisor, Biff Tannen, and his unhappy mother, Lorraine Baines McFly, has a drinking problem. Marty and his band audition to perform at the high school dance, but are rejected. Marty's girlfriend, Jennifer Parker, encourages him to pursue the dream of being a rock musician. At dinner that night, Lorraine recounts how she and George first fell in love when her father hit George with his car.
The McFly houseOn the morning of October 25, 1985, Marty meets his friend, scientist Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown, at Twin Pines Mall at 1:15 am at Doc's request. Doc reveals a DeLorean DMC-12 which he has modified into a time machine; the vehicle's time displacement is powered by nuclear fission and using plutonium as fuel, which generates 1.21 gigawatts of power into a device he calls the "flux capacitor". Doc also explains that the car travels to a programmed date upon reaching 88 miles per hour. However, before Doc can make his first trip, the Libyan terrorists from whom he stole the plutonium show up and gun him down. Marty attempts to escape in the DeLorean, but, in the process, reaches the speed of 88 miles per hour and is transported back to November 5, 1955, a date Doc programmed into the DeLorean as an example destination. Marty finds himself without the plutonium needed for the trip back, and the car shuts down, leaving him stuck in 1955.
While exploring the Hill Valley of 1955, Marty accidentally meets his father, George, as a teenager who is being bullied by Biff. As George is about to be hit by Lorraine's father's car, Marty pushes him out of the way and takes the impact. As a result, a teenage Lorraine becomes infatuated with Marty instead of George. Marty is disturbed by her flirtations and leaves to find the younger Doc of 1955. Marty convinces Doc that he is from the future and asks for help returning to 1985. Doc explains that the only available power source capable of generating the required 1.21 gigawatts is a lightning bolt. Marty then shows Doc the "Save the Clock Tower" flyer he had received the previous day, indicating that lightning will strike the courthouse clock tower the following Saturday at 10:04 pm. Doc makes plans to harness the lightning strike to power the DeLorean's flux capacitor. However, the two discover a complication when observing a fading photograph of Marty with his siblings: Marty has prevented his parents from meeting and has jeopardized his siblings' and his own existence.

In the following week, Marty attempts to set George up with Lorraine, but she only shows romantic interests in Marty. In order to make his parents fall in love, Marty plans to have George "rescue" Lorraine from Marty's overt sexual advances on the night of the school's Enchantment Under the Sea dance. However, the plan goes awry when a drunk Biff unexpectedly shows up, pulls Marty from the car, and attempts to force himself on Lorraine. George arrives as planned to rescue her from Marty, but finds Biff instead. Biff subjugates George, but George stands up to him for the first time and knocks him out with a punch to the face. A smitten Lorraine follows George to the dance floor where they kiss for the first time, assuring Marty's existence.

Marty arrives at the scene of the anticipated clock tower lightning strike where Doc is making the final preparations. Marty attempts to warn Doc of his murder in 1985 in a letter, but Doc indignantly tears up the letter without reading it, for fear he will alter the future. The storm disconnects Doc's wiring setup that will capture the lightning, but the two repair the connections just in time for the lightning strike to send Marty and the DeLorean back to 1985. Although Marty arrives too late to prevent Doc from being shot, Doc reveals he had taped the letter back together and was wearing a bulletproof vest.

Doc drops Marty off at home and leaves in the time machine for the future. Marty awakens the next morning to find his home and family significantly improved and happier. Lorraine is physically fit, George has become a self-confident and successful science fiction author, Marty's brother Dave is now a businessman, and his sister Linda no longer has trouble finding boyfriends. Most notably, George and Lorraine now have the close relationship they never had, while Biff has become an auto detailer/washer and is now very deferential towards George. Just as Marty reunites with Jennifer, Doc arrives, insisting that they accompany him to the future to sort out a problem with their children. With Doc at the wheel, Marty and Jennifer enter the upgraded DeLorean, now a flying hovercar powered by nuclear fusion, and they go back to the future.

See. told ya...

16Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Sat May 14, 2011 1:48 am

tubs

tubs

Very good nudge. Very Happy

17Famous Cars quiz Empty Re: Famous Cars quiz Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 pm

bugeyed pig

bugeyed pig

the words, porkpie short come to mine nigs. lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum