Watsons Scoobies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you all for a great day at Rallyday on Saturday

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Essexlorraine

Essexlorraine

Just wanted to say a big thanks to you all for including me on Saturday , we had a lovely day, weather could have been better but it was so nice to be part of a group for the day. And i was chuffed to buttons to get the 3rd place, i don't think my car's a patch on all yours - i just wish i hadn't sloped off at that particular moment and missed everyone else get their trophies! Conratulations to Dufus and Nudge Very Happy

Nigel, I hope you're able to get your repairs sorted out soon, well done you and the others for going on track in first place Cool

While i'm here, can i ask a question about my clutch? I asked the garage to email me details of what they plan to do, they have quoted me for a 6 paddle race clutch (£878) - as you know i'm not at all technically minded but from what i have read about this clutch it sounds rather hard to handle and i'm not sure i really need/want a clutch like this! Do you think i would be better off with another upgraded clutch - any suggestions. I'm hoping it might be cheaper as well, particularly as i've been looking online at companies who do carbon fibre wrapping - i'm thinking of having my wing mirrors done and possibly my bonnet scoop as it's deteriorated rather badly, but cheap it ain't!

Will let you know more details of tunnel run very soon - it's saturday 22nd October, meet at Lakeside at 8pm, leave at 9pm, route will be posted soon. I'm sure it will be manic as usual but would be great if some/all of you could come Smile

Dufus

Dufus

The best person to speak to about paddle clutches would be nudge as he is running one in his impreza. I mean really it depends on what mods you have as to weather or not you need a paddle clutch? If you have subtle mods, then something like an exedy fast road clutch would be perfectly fine. Loonybin is running a fast road clutch from exedy and he's at 350 bhp and suffers no slipping, juddering etc. i think he only payed about 300 sovs for it and we fittest it. Also, paddle clutches round town/sitting in traffic arnt the best, ay nudge Smile

Essexlorraine

Essexlorraine

Thanks Dufus,

You've confirmed my thoughts about paddle clutches, and i really don't think i want one! Am running 300bhp so i'm sure a normal road clutch would be fine for my car, am gonna get some quotes for an exedy Smile

Thanks again

ROAR

Good to have you on the stand, glad you enjoyed the day. Track time was scary :0) with all that rain. I wouldn't go for a paddle clutch personally heard they sre not the most user friendly fir every day use..... just as dufus said a fast road clutch will do.

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

Hi Lorraine, it was good to have you on our stand, I may have a cheaper option for your new clutch, I will give you a text tomorrow regading it.

Essexlorraine

Essexlorraine

I did get some other quotes for my clutch, decided definately against the paddle clutch, so was looking at the exedy fast road clutch, got a quote from Extremescoobies who are about 40 miles away from me, £573, then got back to the garage who did my remap because i had been very happy with their work, although i know they're not the cheapest; and they came back with £600 for exedy and £660 for another exedy which he said is better because of a something (didn't catch what he said exactly - and i was at work so couldn't talk for long) plate so am probably going to go for that. More expensive than the first quote but taking into account petrol (this place about 7 miles away as opposed to 40) and the fact that I don't have to take day off work to get it done it seems like the best option. But any suggestions from you gladly received Smile

P.S was looking at your online shop - are the jackets still available as i was thinking of ordering one each for me and ed , they look very reasonable Very Happy

Hope you are all well x

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum