Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fate or coincidence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fate or coincidence on Sat May 22, 2010 6:06 am

scuzz

Admin
O.k my Scoob is broke yet again affraid The crank pulley has decided that it no longer wishes to be part of my engine, thereby getting the locating key to chew it.
Fortunately the crank its self looks ok, but the pulley and key have bitten the dust so to speak, now we know how to complete the works needed and have another pulley and pin ready to go.
What i am confused about thou is why it happened and how to aviod a futher problem. The car was used daily for 2 weeks with not so much hint of a problem, it was put in its garage and left for 2 days, on removal from the garage it had inflicted the damage to its pulley etc confused
The only coinciding factor in this was PUFF arrived in the 2 days it was in garage.
Now people may mock or scorn and say thats unreasonable but............. since owning these two cars a variety of coincidental happenings have occured. A few examples.

Puff had been visiting Kent and on the way home she blew her turbo (it happens) so being the dutiful sister i went with my scoob to wait with them at Clackets while recovery was sorted, after 2 hours a big truck came and got Puff and i then went and got in mine, she refused to start and had it turned out her fuel pump had given up, no prior problems just gave up, hence needing recovery herself.

On another visit to Dartford Puff went home and on the way her water pump gave up.... Puff needed recovery, 2 days later i took mine to asda and she overheated, mmmmm strange maybe but she had too dumped all water and had blown her radiator.

Puff lost her gears and needed a new clutch, mine lost her gears and needed her gearbox reconditioned. There are other incidences which have occured.

Now is this Fate or Coincidence and how do we stop this from happening. scratch

View user profile

2 Re: Fate or coincidence on Sun May 23, 2010 12:25 pm

taking into consideration both cars were imported the same year so the harsh weather changes will affect both cars similarly. plus just because puff arrived doesnt mean that it was a cause for your pulley to go. in the above statement it has been made out that all the accidents caused are similar and so what has a blowing exhaust got to do with a auxilary pulley?

puff is also a manual that has been possibly abused before and so the clutch has worn, the coincidental accident was caused by careless driving and a lack of oil.

the water pump was also a standard subaru water pump and like most things under extreme climate changes such as day and night, the water in the pump expands and contracts constantly and on a long drive such as said one, the pressure shows and causes problems, the radiator was due to a constant abuse of stones from the road and not letting the water flow out after spireted driving, wear and tear.

the fuel pump has nothing to do with the turbo as only gases pass through the turbo whereas no gases pass through the fuel pump. i could carry on but ive decided this is completelt pointless and so to conclude with all the evidence i have shown... its probably linked

View user profile

3 Re: Fate or coincidence on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm

scuzz

Admin
Ok both scoobs are still off the road, my dream of having all 9 at Phoebe's christening is looking less likely then Matt having a shave twice a week Very Happy
Mine still isnt running a 100% but needs to start being used to see if the standing idle is whats causing her to run a little off beat, Puff still needs a few alterations tooo. I love my scoob to bits but actually liking her Hmmmmmmmm god knows, havent driven her in so long i forget what she actually gives me.

View user profile

4 Re: Fate or coincidence on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 am

You will have you dream of all 9 at phoebe's christening, you have to think postive. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

5 Re: Fate or coincidence on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:35 pm

nudge

Admin
oh sad times.......still broke, hoping my trip to surry on tuesday will sort things out.

View user profile

6 Re: Fate or coincidence on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm

scuzz

Admin
oh what a shock.........

View user profile

7 Re: Fate or coincidence on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:56 pm

ahhh, just yet another coincidence.

View user profile

8 Re: Fate or coincidence on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 pm

nudge

Admin
still having sleepless nights. Sad

View user profile

9 Re: Fate or coincidence on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:44 pm

bye jov i think we cracked it if map is done proper it be ok. sleep well and let me worry about it. Razz

View user profile

10 Re: Fate or coincidence on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

scuzz

Admin
Oh another coincidence, Well Mine didnt make the CIN run, i have a few engine lights up for a variety of faults and also have a flashing power light, which indicates that there is a electrical fault in the gearbox (we think).
Any how Puff made the full CIN run, including sitting in traffic and detours etc, so mine didnt go and Puff made the full run hmmmm.
Now Puff gearbox has decided to let go, so Puff is poorly, mine is poorly. Bloody coincidences.

View user profile

11 Re: Fate or coincidence on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:45 pm

To colabaratre on sed above post. Reanson for power light flashing indicates a fault. The fault turns out to be "Torque control signal" every auto box specialest say "rear shaft" so changed that but awating testing. The big question on everyones mind is. Will it work????

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum