Watsons Scoobies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions please, (not scoob related)

+3
nudge
ROAR
scuzz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sat May 15, 2010 12:05 pm

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

O.K i need to get Phoebe's christening sorted out, i have a few avenues i can go down, I want it to happen in July when its warm etc and Matt's mum will be around.
We can have a traditional church christening like i have had with the boys etc or i can go for the naming ceromony, in both you still have godparents (or supporting adults), in church the godparents have to repent of sins etc in the naming one we write promises we want them to make.
In church i will be very limited to how many people we invite and as i would like this to incorperate our cars to make it unique it may not be possible, also the church is only a short walk away where the naming ceromony is anywhere we choose.
The naming ceromony can be held at a lot of different venues, one being brands hatch, the downside is the cost.
My ideal christening is in a nice little church were all scoobs can park outside with pink ribbons on and all our family and friends will fit in, but i have to have it done in our local church and its an awful glass building on temple hill, the manor gatehouse is Anne of Cleeves former house so has lots of history etc.

Fors and against.......

Church:

Traditional service like all our children.
Cost is minimal.
The old ones appreciate the church service.
It feels right to have it held in church.
The proximity to home means walking,
Not a brilliant church
Limited to numbers as its during morning service.

Naming ceremony:

Choice of venues.
Ceremony is done the way we want with poems read by my boys and our own promises.
The scoobs will be involved.
The cost for Brands hatch is £524 (although to have it in manor gatehouse is considerably cheaper)
We wont be welcoming her into the christian faith.
We may put people noses out of joint if it is not relgious.

I really would appreciate your feedback on this as i havent got long to organise it and really do not know which way to go.

2Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sat May 15, 2010 12:56 pm

ROAR

Church service all the way for me why can't you have it any church you see fit

3Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sat May 15, 2010 1:46 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

I would love the idea of it being done at brands, but i like the idea of a little church, why can you not have stone church, the cars can still be parked outside, i think your local church is more like a prefrabricated youth club, how about a little chapel in ilfracombe (only joking dont get any wild ideas), im with rich on this...

4Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sat May 15, 2010 1:52 pm

tubs

tubs

You go which way you want, if you want a church service, go for it or if you want a naming service , then do that. Personally, l would look it to finding out if you have to go to your local church to have your baby christened, but l do like the idea of a church service.

5Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sat May 15, 2010 2:02 pm

bugeyed pig

bugeyed pig

church service is the right way to go,BUT you and matt have to what you feel is right for your daughter, however surely if you get the vicar's permission you can hold it where ever you like. i hope this helps.

6Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sat May 15, 2010 3:02 pm

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

Thank you all for your replies, i have been on the church of england website and unfortunately it states that most parishes will only Baptise a child who lives in their parish, i have gone on a few of the local churches websites too, sutton at hone and eyensford and darenth specifically state they will not entertain people from outside their parish Crying or Very sad
However Stone does not mention whether they will allow it or not. I have emailed the rector and explained that there is family history with the church, that we were all christened there and that Dan was also christened there, Mum and Dad were married there and that my kids and Rich etc attend the christingle service every year.
I am really hoping that they will allow us to hold it there otherwise i will be at a bit of a loss, i will not have her christened in a greenhouse.
Fingers crossed he replies real soon, my only concern is the parking there.

7Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sun May 16, 2010 3:46 pm

tubs

tubs

If not, you could move in with ma & pa for three months and then you can get her christen at stone.

How much does it cost to have a naming service at the manor house in dartford.

8Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Fri May 21, 2010 3:28 am

nudge

nudge
Admin

get her christened in cinderella castle in Disneyland florida, we could all fly out in private jets and stay for a month, matt could put it on his dads card...lol

9Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 pm

spud

spud

i reckon we do it like a boat, we'll bash her on the bonce with a bottle of wine.

10Opinions please, (not scoob related) Empty Re: Opinions please, (not scoob related) Sun May 23, 2010 12:05 pm

squidge

squidge

make it a glass of beer and we'll be well allright.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum