Watsons Scoobies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

steering vibration.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1steering vibration. Empty steering vibration. Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:37 am

jaesport

Evening all. Need some advice on where to start with this. when i get up to about 65 mph the steering wheel starts to vibrate an its a bit unnerving, could it be that i need to get the wheel balance checked or is it more likely to be wheel alighnment. Any one know somewhere thats good an local where i could get it checked out. Smile

2steering vibration. Empty Re: steering vibration. Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:02 pm

bugeyed pig

bugeyed pig

jaesport wrote:Evening all. Need some advice on where to start with this. when i get up to about 65 mph the steering wheel starts to vibrate an its a bit unnerving, could it be that i need to get the wheel balance checked or is it more likely to be wheel alighnment. Any one know somewhere thats good an local where i could get it checked out. Smile

hi mate,it sound like you have lost a balance weight of your wheel. i have used falkham tyres in the past an found them helpful and reasonable.

3steering vibration. Empty Re: steering vibration. Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 pm

jaesport

thanks fella, i'll get that looked at 1st then. hope thats all it is an i can enjoy the scoob, at legal speeds of course . . . . . just a bit enthusiasticaly Laughing

4steering vibration. Empty Re: steering vibration. Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:48 pm

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

Chances are it will just need rebalancing. If you need someone closer Dartford tyres are not to bad either, but if alignment is needed the as Steve said Fawkham tyres in Longfield are good. Hope you get it sorted.

5steering vibration. Empty Re: steering vibration. Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:13 am

Dufus

Dufus

Id go with rebalancing . How long has it been doing it? Smile

6steering vibration. Empty Re: steering vibration. Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:53 am

jaesport

its been doing it for a couple of weeks now. I'l get up to dartford tyres an get then to have a look at the balancing.

Hopefully that'll sort it Rolling Eyes

7steering vibration. Empty Re: steering vibration. Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 am

Dufus

Dufus

Sounds silly check ya tyre pressure on the way up Smile mine was tyre pressure Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum