Watsons Scoobies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

making gravy

+2
nudge
loonybin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1making gravy Empty making gravy Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

loonybin

loonybin

why is it every time i try and make gravy it ends up all lumpy.

2making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

coz sue been hittin you with a ladel

3making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:16 pm

scuzz

scuzz
Admin

Ok, i am the one to advise on this very complicated technical problem, The reason your gravy is going lumpy is because you are adding the gravy powder/granules to fast, you need to make sure your water is boiling hot and then add the powder/granules slowly, mixing constantly.
If by chance you use the bisto gravy powder you need to add this to some cool water first, mix it into a smooth paste then add a little more water until it becomes a pourable consistancy, you then add this slowly to the boiling water, keep stirring until gravy thickens.
Hope this is off some help.

4making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:54 pm

loonybin

loonybin

nudge wrote:coz sue been hittin you with a ladel

but youve normally got the ladel with mince on Razz

5making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

i just found this on wikipedia.
1.Break up larger lumps by whisking the gravy vigorously in a figure-eight motion.

Step 2.Pour the gravy through a mesh strainer. Avoid pressing flour lumps through the mesh.

Step 3.For small, stubborn lumps, pure'e the gravy in a blender or food processor. To prevent burning yourself, make sure the lid of the blender jar is closed securely before pure'eing hot gravy.

Step 4.If you need to thicken the gravy, stir in additional flour or cornstarch that's been dissolved in cold liquid.

if after this the lumps still persist, place the gravy boat in the middle of the table and repeatedly hit with a 14lb sledge hammer until all the lumps dizolve.

6making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:19 am

tubs

tubs

Or You could just buy the gravy ready made and warm it up in the mircowave.

7making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Dufus

Dufus

tubs wrote:Or You could just buy the gravy ready made and warm it up in the mircowave.

Thats almost as bad as the ready made mash taties in tesco Smile thats for lazy peoples.

8making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 am

tubs

tubs

Not lazy people, just people who don't have lots of time or those who can't make gravy. cyclops

9making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:29 pm

loonybin

loonybin

tubs wrote:Not lazy people, just people who don't have lots of time or those who can't make gravy. cyclops

its just bone idel

10making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:32 pm

tubs

tubs

l don't use powder or graules or any ready made gravy. l use borvil or oxo, it taste so much better. I love you

11making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 am

Dufus

Dufus

you lazy terd. That takes lazyness to an extreme. I bet unk rex gets ready made meals when he gets home from work with his ready made gravey. You lazy lazy lazy poo bag Very Happy

12making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am

tubs

tubs

Dufus wrote:you lazy terd. That takes lazyness to an extreme. I bet unk rex gets ready made meals when he gets home from work with his ready made gravey. You lazy lazy lazy poo bag Very Happy
Yes uncle rex has ready made meals, ready made by me. We are having a roast tonite with turkey, roasted spuds, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, yorkshire puddings and borvil gravy, and possibly stuffing. tongue tongue tongue

13making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:59 pm

squidge

squidge

well tonight im gonna have all of that and a meat pie. so nerr

14making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 pm

nudge

nudge
Admin

With gravy. ?

15making gravy Empty Re: making gravy Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:49 am

tubs

tubs

Don't like gravy, l like borvil it tastes better.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum