Watsons Scoobies is a family of subaru enthusiast's who love the impreza since it came out and appered in the rally scene!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

making gravy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 making gravy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

why is it every time i try and make gravy it ends up all lumpy.

View user profile

2 Re: making gravy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm

nudge

Admin
coz sue been hittin you with a ladel

View user profile

3 Re: making gravy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:16 pm

scuzz

Admin
Ok, i am the one to advise on this very complicated technical problem, The reason your gravy is going lumpy is because you are adding the gravy powder/granules to fast, you need to make sure your water is boiling hot and then add the powder/granules slowly, mixing constantly.
If by chance you use the bisto gravy powder you need to add this to some cool water first, mix it into a smooth paste then add a little more water until it becomes a pourable consistancy, you then add this slowly to the boiling water, keep stirring until gravy thickens.
Hope this is off some help.

View user profile

4 Re: making gravy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:54 pm

nudge wrote:coz sue been hittin you with a ladel

but youve normally got the ladel with mince on Razz

View user profile

5 Re: making gravy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 pm

nudge

Admin
i just found this on wikipedia.
1.Break up larger lumps by whisking the gravy vigorously in a figure-eight motion.

Step 2.Pour the gravy through a mesh strainer. Avoid pressing flour lumps through the mesh.

Step 3.For small, stubborn lumps, pure'e the gravy in a blender or food processor. To prevent burning yourself, make sure the lid of the blender jar is closed securely before pure'eing hot gravy.

Step 4.If you need to thicken the gravy, stir in additional flour or cornstarch that's been dissolved in cold liquid.

if after this the lumps still persist, place the gravy boat in the middle of the table and repeatedly hit with a 14lb sledge hammer until all the lumps dizolve.

View user profile

6 Re: making gravy on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:19 am

Or You could just buy the gravy ready made and warm it up in the mircowave.

View user profile

7 Re: making gravy on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:19 pm

tubs wrote:Or You could just buy the gravy ready made and warm it up in the mircowave.

Thats almost as bad as the ready made mash taties in tesco Smile thats for lazy peoples.

View user profile

8 Re: making gravy on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 am

Not lazy people, just people who don't have lots of time or those who can't make gravy. cyclops

View user profile

9 Re: making gravy on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:29 pm

tubs wrote:Not lazy people, just people who don't have lots of time or those who can't make gravy. cyclops

its just bone idel

View user profile

10 Re: making gravy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:32 pm

l don't use powder or graules or any ready made gravy. l use borvil or oxo, it taste so much better. I love you

View user profile

11 Re: making gravy on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 am

you lazy terd. That takes lazyness to an extreme. I bet unk rex gets ready made meals when he gets home from work with his ready made gravey. You lazy lazy lazy poo bag Very Happy

View user profile

12 Re: making gravy on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am

Dufus wrote:you lazy terd. That takes lazyness to an extreme. I bet unk rex gets ready made meals when he gets home from work with his ready made gravey. You lazy lazy lazy poo bag Very Happy
Yes uncle rex has ready made meals, ready made by me. We are having a roast tonite with turkey, roasted spuds, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, yorkshire puddings and borvil gravy, and possibly stuffing. tongue tongue tongue

View user profile

13 Re: making gravy on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:59 pm

well tonight im gonna have all of that and a meat pie. so nerr

View user profile

14 Re: making gravy on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 pm

nudge

Admin
With gravy. ?

View user profile

15 Re: making gravy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:49 am

Don't like gravy, l like borvil it tastes better.....

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum